The boys out back with the BBQ. Look at the discussion board to see if the BBQ Boys are back at it again next Friday. All are welcome, just bring your grillables.
TJ’s Yoga for CrossFitters and athletes starts Monday March 14th at 7:15pm to 8:30pm in Corte Madera. Class will also meet on Wednesdays in Corte Madera at the same time. Starting the following week we will have yoga in San Rafael as well Tuesdays and Thursdays 7:30pm -8:45 pm. First two classes are free. Bring friends. They don’t need to be TJ’s Gymers to take the classes. After first two freebies the cost will be $320 for 16 classes.
We are gearing up for the CrossFit Open Sectionals. If you are registered with one of our teams you will most likely be doing your workout on Saturdays between 12 and 2 in San Rafael. We will also have 1 or 2 other time slots during the week where official judging will be available. If you want your results to count you need to confirm your plan with TJ or Allison. We will be emailing all registered participants after workouts are announced this Tuesday.
Coach Cory is all over the blog this week.
“Coach Cory’s Zombie Apocalypse Survival Training”
Clock and scoring a la “Fight Gone Bad”, with 2 minute rest between each round instead of 1.
1. Up n’ overs (nothing shorter than 24″, nothing higher than 5′. Set up boxes and jerk boxes at several heights) 1 is 1 (no burpee, just get over and get back…the walking dead are coming!)
2. 30′ heavy sand bag carry. You can use kettlebells or plates as well. (Sand bag must me heavyish and SHOULDERED. Set up cones at each end of 30′. Each traverse across 30′ is 1 rep) Get those supplies back to the stronghold!
3. Med ball slams. Kill that zombie!
4. Bear Crawl figure 8’s (Set up 2 cones or parallettes, each complete “8” is 1 rep) you must be sneaky and agile in the big cities during supply finding missions…
5. Ninja Roll-Ups (use yoga mats to adjust height for modification) Get up and go, or you’re dinner!
Out of Town Workout
Create your own Zombie Escape WOD